Wednesday 12 January 2011

Kenny's Poem// AN ENCOUNTER WITH HER


AN ENCOUNTER WITH HER

It was a rainy day
I rushed into my room,
And put on the light.
With in a second…
I was surprised to see,
A swam of May insects
Entering into my room
As if to greet me.

“Crazy creatures!
Why do they dash against
My electric lamp?”
My mind questioned.
I sat on the armed chair
And watching the circus patiently.
In a twinkling of an eye,
Many fell down stone dead.

What a pity…
My tender heart ruffled
Like the mimosa pudica.
But only one struggled to survive.
Seeing its vigour I understood,
Its will to live.

“Would you please tell me?” I requested.
She gestured, “Yes”.
“How could you alone survive?”
She replied me gently,
“I’ve found out the meaning of my life”
And flew away from me.

G. Robert John Kennedy, II Philosophy.

* This was originally written on 31-08-1994, and reworked in 1999 for the Cosmopolitan 1998 – 1999 Wall Magazine of St. Joseph’s Seminary.
* This poem was published in Cosmopolitan 1998 – 1999, the Wall Magazine of the Philosophy Section of St. Joseph’s Seminary, Mangalore.





No comments:

Post a Comment

G7 உச்சி மாநாட்டில் பங்கேற்கும் திருத்தந்தை பிரான்சிஸ்

  G7 உச்சி மாநாட்டில் பங்கேற்கும் திருத்தந்தை பிரான்சிஸ் இத்தாலியின் தென் பகுதியான புலியாவில் (Puglia) நடைபெறும் G7 உச்சி மாநாட்டில் திருத்த...